Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Ten for Tuesday


1. This weekend was a good one. There was lots of coffee, Girl Scout cookies, candles burning and book reading. All my favorite things.



2. We had friends over for dinner. I made Dashing Dish Crockpot White Chicken Chili and it was a winner. Seriously, so flavorful. We picked up chips and salsa from our favorite food tuck and now it's my new favorite meal to make for people. The chips and salsa are a hit. The chili is a hit and super easy. Good conversation, good food and good times!

3. G had soccer games to watch so I decided to start Scandal and see what all the fuss was about. Oh my gosh. I get it now. I'm so addicted. I'm already into season 2 and I just cannot get enough. I love a good television show that can suck you in and make you care about the characters. I love the plot twists and cliff hangers at the end of each episode. I know everyone says this, but I want to be Olivia Pope.



4. I started reading Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert (the author of Eat, Pray, Love) and it's so good. It's all about marriage. The history of marriage. The cultural views of marriage. Her decision to wed again after a tough divorce. It's so good. I had a hard time putting it down which was just what I needed. I missed reading a book I couldn't put down. So interesting! Her writing is just so easy to read. I wish I could write like her.

5. Is anyone else watching American Idol? There is some killer talent on the show right now. I will never tire of a young, talented musician coming alive on stage. Doing what they were made to do. It is so interesting to watch these young kids transform on stage and do what they love. I don't have a favorite yet. I'm still sad Cody Fry went home. But I am loving all the country music going on.



6. Can we just talk about how adorable Manny looks in this MSU jersey? I think our coworkers are wearing G down because he actually bought this for Manny. I think he's becoming a MSU fan. Go State!

7. Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Donut coffee is the best thing ever. I veered away from it and tried their cinnamon and vanilla, but the chocolate donut flavor is the best. I don't think I can go back now. It's just too good.


(via)

8. The weather was actually sunny and in the high 20s this weekend. It felt so warm after the crazy negative temps we've had. It was nice to be able to walk Manny again. If I'm being completely honest it was just nice to go outside without my face hurting.

9. G and I were invited to a family friends' wedding up north in July and my whole family is going. We booked a condo for a long weekend up north. I'm seriously so excited!!!! SUMMER. Time with family. Friends. Celebrating love. Dancing. Lake Michigan. Beach. Sand. Sun. Ella. Does it get any better?!

10. I heard about this great travel site airbnb and I thought I would pass it along. I love it. Great rates. Great options. It's addicting so don't say I didn't warn you. Also! This article about what tea looks like in 22 countries. #17!

No comments: