Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a fun one. So our grill and oven are both broken and we ate out almost everyday last week so we needed to do something. We stopped at Lowe's Friday night and bought a grill. We did a lot of research on grills because we didn't want a cheap one again that would die in two years. It was between the Char-Boil and Weber, but ultimately we went with the Char-Boil. The reviews were just as good and it was $150 cheaper. We actually saw Home Depot had this grill $20 cheaper so we asked Lowe's to match and not only did they match, but they beat it! They went $20 cheaper! LOVE Lowe's!!! 


Saturday morning G put together the grill. It felt like Christmas morning with boxes everywhere and parts strewn around the living room. Isn't it pretty? While G worked I read and drank copious amounts of coffee. I worked out, took Manny for a walk and then got ready for the day.


I decided to do my hair since I don't do it often and I think I'm going to get rid of the ombre soon. Then we drove out to my brother and Jess'. G and my brother worked hard for a good five hours doing manual labor. They took 27 pieces of dry wall that weighed 55 pounds each to a truck and then to the basement. They worked really hard!


I hung out with SIL and this sweet bug. Isn't she the cutest? It was nice to spend some one on one time with them.


I mean seriously, how precious is she?! She is so well behaved and so animated. I just love all her sweet expressions and how she will stare right at you and babble. So cute.


She just adores her Uncle Garth, too. She just stares at him and feels his beard. The cutest thing I ever saw.


And can we talk about this pup's crazy eyes? Love him! It was a nice afternoon relaxing and spending good quality time with good quality people.


Around 5:30ish the boys were almost done and they were beat so Jess and I went to get dinner for us. We went to Crispelli's, which is my new favorite place. The bread and their house salad are delicious.


But lets talk about the star of the show. The grilled veggie sandwich. OMG. It may just be one of the best sandwiches I ever ate. So good! We had a nice relaxing dinner, the boys enjoyed a White Russian and then we headed to Trader Joe's before they closed for some groceries. We got home, watched a little bit of Dexter and then called it a night.


Sunday we slept in, shared a TJ quiche with G and did church online. G worked on the bar for a few hours.


I did lots of reading and cuddling with Manny. For lunch we tried out the grill for the first time and made steaks and asparagus. So good! The grill gets to 500 degrees in less than 5 min and our steaks even had grill marks on them! So fancy, haha!

It was a great weekend, but it went way too fast. As they always do. How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

we had almost that exact same grill for nearly 7 years and it was fabulous! We recently got rid of it, but only because we now have an actual charcoal grill that we use so much more!