Friday, November 21, 2014

Fit Friday!

The stats this week: 

Pounds Lost: 1 pound
To Go: 46 to go
Total Lost: 9 pounds

The scale moved again, I'll celebrate that! I would like to start seeing two pound losses since we're eating almost every meal at home now. But since I've scaled back my work outs I'm still totally stoked to see the scale continue to move in the downward direction.


My workouts this week:

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - T25 Rip't Circuit and walk 30 minutes
Wednesday - T25 Speed 2.0
Thursday - Walk 30 minutes and shovel driveway (yes, I count that as a work out)
Friday  - Rest

Saturday - Rest

I'm incorporating a few more workouts and trying to tone down the T25. My leg is starting to feel back to normal so I don't want to push it. I'm slowly easing back into it, but I'm still losing even with much lower key workouts which is nice! I read this article and I think I'll take that advice and only do high intensity workouts three times a week to prevent injury again. I did a bit more resting this week than I anticipated, but with the temps in the teens it was hard to get outside to walk Manny. 


Eats this week:




Grilled veggie sandwich leftovers. A yummy weekend lunch.



TJ's broccoli and spinach quiche. I usually eat half with a Berry Green Monster Smoothie for breakfast.



TJ Sour Cream and Onion Puffs. A favorite salty snack on weekends.



Garth, the grill master, made TJ Tomato Basil Chicken Brats and grilled asparagus Monday night. I forgot how much I enjoy grilled veggies! This also made an excellent lunch the next day.



My typical afternoon snack this week has been an apple and Kind bar.  I also drink a lot of water throughout the day and hot water with lemon. Mountain Dew is usually a Friday treat, but I keep forgetting to take the can home.



Tuesday I put chicken in the crock with TJ's Italian Dressing. I also ate more grilled asparagus and ended up putting half this chicken and potatoes away for lunch the next day. My eyes were bigger than my stomach.



My coffee maker is acting up again so I grabbed a non fat Honey Cinnamon latte at Biggby. LOVE. 



Wednesday I threw together a chili in the crock with stuff I had on hand - chicken seasoned with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. I also added corn, black beans, chicken broth, salsa, and a Mexican beer. I don't mean to brag, but G said it was the best chili he ever ate. And I agree. It made excellent leftovers for lunch too!



I started mixing up my Berry Smoothie standby recipe and using TJ's Pineapple juice instead of the V8 Pomegranate and Blueberry juice and it's a fun change! I have also used the V8 and done frozen pineapple chunks instead of the berries and it is equally delicious. I can't even tell you how much we love this smoothie. I make it every single day and G and I share it for breakfast. I love the fruits and veggies first thing in the morning. It's great before a workout or paired with a sandwich at lunch. 

A sweet reader (hi misslily!) commented that I seem to really be enjoying my food, keeping it fun and varied and sustainable. That was just so nice to hear because I truly am enjoying this journey. I'm not so caught up in the end goal. I'm just taking it day by day. Enjoying the food I eat. Enjoying my workouts. Listening to my body. And I've been at it for over two months and it hasn't felt like a diet at all! I really t his is the secret to success because it's all about being able to do this consistently for the long haul. 

How are you all doing?

1 comment:

Jen Caputo said...

Wow, you're doing great!! Congratulations, 9lbs so far is awesome!