Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ten for Tuesday


1. On Friday my co-worker and I made a run to 7-11 for Free Slurpee Day. I cannot even remember the last time I had a slurpee so it was a fun treat.



2. G has a new hobby: wood working. He is kinda obsessed now. Here is a sneak peak of the corn hole he is making. I'm really impressed with his handy work. He spent a lot of time on this sanding it, varnishing it, making the holes and putting it together. He just needs to decide on a logo to stick on these and it should be all finished. When it is I will definitely show you the finished product. Next up he is going to work on a coffee table and then hopefully a farm table for me. I like this new hobby!



3. New obsession: Half an avocado on a slice of toast. So. Good. This is  my stand by breakfast right now with a side of strawberries.




4. G and I went to a couples' wedding shower on Sunday and it was a blast. It was so fun to see the old gang. Even though we haven't seen everyone in a while it felt like no time had passed. We were laughing and catching up and having a grand old time. Loved it. The food was out of this world. The salmon pate was incredible and don't even get me started on the bread. Oh, and the cheese tortellini? YUM. 



5. I'm not a fan of desserts, but these were so pretty I couldn't resist snapping a picture.



6. G and I participated in The Newlywed Game at the shower. It was a blast, but we did HORRIBLE. We were married the longest on the panel and we came in last place. Wah wah wah.

7. I'm so bummed Bed, Bath and Beyond no longer does their complimentary gift wrapping. I'm not sure how long that has been going on, but I'm not a fan. I was already so frazzled trying to find a gift available in store. THEN I had to do my own wrapping?! Do you know how bad I am at wrapping? G was next door at Home Depot and I texted him "HELP!" and he came to help me wrap. It was traumatic. 

8. Can we talk about The World Cup? It's over! I have G back!! Until football, that is. But I'll take it! :)

9. Thursday morning I was padding to the kitchen to start the coffee like I do every morning. Manny was acting a little weird, but I didn't think anything of it. Then I saw him jumping around with a leaf. I thought that was strange, but it was 6:00 a.m. so I wasn't all that awake yet. Then the leaf JUMPED. It was not a leaf after all. It was a FROG. In my kitchen. Frogs aren't scary, but they are when they are in my kitchen. Ewwwwwww. How long had it been in my house? What had it touched? I yelled for G to come grab it and take it outside and I took Manny out. Phew. That was way too much excitement all before 6:30 a.m.


10. My fish is still alive. I have kept him alive for over 2 weeks. Success!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I really need to jump on the avocado and toast bandwagon...guacamole has been my go-to recently and that sounds like a delicious breakfast and/or snack!