Thursday, July 3, 2014

Random Musings


1. Friday night G and I met friends at Hop Cat for dinner. My girlfriend, Nicole, introduced me to my new favorite beer, Brewery Vivant Farmhand. It was amazing. So light and crisp. Yum. Nicole and I both ordered the mac and cheese because we are both on the quest for the best. She deemed it the best she ever had. I loved it, don't get me wrong. But it was not the best I ever had. G on the other hand? He agreed. He doesn't even like mac and cheese but he ate quite a bit of this and kept saying he couldn't believe how much he enjoyed it. 


2. After dinner we went over to our friends' house to check out their garden, sit on the porch and talk, and then ended the night with a rousing game of Poker. How pretty are her peonies? It was a great night!


3. I spent a lot of time reading on the deck this weekend. My co-worker let me borrow this book since we are doing a book swap of sorts. I love it so much. I have actually found myself taking notes and pictures of paragraphs that I love so much. Other parts of the book make me literally laugh out loud. 


4. So last year G and I stopped at my co-worker Gloria's house to borrow a dehumidifier. We saw her pond and the huge fish in there. G couldn't get over how big they were and Gloria explained that fish grow to their environment. G just could not fathom that a fish could stay small in a small tank or get as big as her fish were in the pond. Gloria proposed a bet to prove her point. So she brought in one of her fish she purchased last week for us to keep in a small area and she would keep her fish in the pond. G could see if he was right and her fish would stay the same size. It is on! 


5.  Manny has been extra cuddly lately and I'm not complaining. This was him Sunday night while I was reading. His face was so right next to mine and he was snoring softly. Love it so much.



6. I splurged and treated myself to a Venti Skinny Caramel Macchiato. It was so good! I cannot even remember the last time I had Starbucks. It was such a luxury. 

(via)

7. Happy 4th of July! Enjoy the long weekend! I hope you guys are all doing something super fun and stay safe!

8. Give me your randoms!

No comments: