Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ten for Tuesday


1. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! I am so blessed to have such a kind, funny, Godly, wise father that I have the privilege to call dad. We have the relationship George and Annie had in Father of the Bride and I love it!

2. This weekend was just one of those really good ones and that is really saying something because I was sick all weekend. I have been sick more times this year than I care to count. Annoying. So I felt kinda meh and had the worst sore throat. The kind of sore throat that just burned. OUCH. But I wasn't going to let that rain on my parade this weekend!

3. Friday night we had dinner with a bunch of co-workers and then went to a bonfire afterwards. It was a blast. We ate good food, laughed hard, listened to good music and just had a great time together. I love at dinner everyone was just eating off each other's plates and trying each other's drinks. It just showed how comfortable we all were with each other. Good times.



4. We were supposed to take a day trip to meet my brother (in Chicago) halfway, but he ended up getting sick so we spent a low key day at my parents' house to celebrate my dad (and brother!). How cute is Ella in her Tiger's shirt?! We grilled good food and spent quality time together. We got my dad a charcoal grill and I think he liked it. SCORE.

5. We did some garage saling and I didn't score like I did last year. But I still found a few unused scented candles for $1 each. Can't beat that! I also found a cute flannel shirt and a few 50 cent vases. You can always use vases. They are so versatile. You can throw flowers in them, lemons, marbles, etc and dress it up. 



6. G and I tried this BBQ food truck in our little city. The cook was from Africa so G and him had lots to talk about. He was also hilarious and made the experience really fun. G and I took the food to the lake by our house and had a nice little picnic. LOVE. I don't know what it is about the lake, but it makes me so happy. So at peace.



7. Okay, I'm a little over half way through Gone Girl. The first half I was so INTO IT and I just could not get through it fast enough? WHERE. DID. SHE. GO? And why wouldn't I like this? I love a good mystery! I love/hate the cliff hangers at the end of each chapter. Then I got to Part 2. I liked it until I didn't. It got really dark and took such a surprising turn. I understand why I wouldn't like this anymore. But. I'm invested. So I will push through! I mean, I need to know how it ends!

8. Saturday marked 4 years at the job I have now. Crazy how fast time flies when you are having fun?!

9. The World Cup is in full swing and I have lost G for a few weeks. Hence why I am getting so much reading done. And yes, I just said hence. 

10. We had friends over last night to watch the USA game and it was fun to catch up. Meg and I did not really watch the game, ha! They brought over Little Cesar's new Pretzel Pizza last night. I thought I would hate it, but I LOVED it. It was so good!!

No comments: