Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Life Lately in Pictures


I started reading Blood, Bones and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton and I'm loving it. I'll be honest, though. I read 19 pages and put it down for a few weeks uninterested. I decided to give it one more chance before returning it to the library and I'm so glad I did.


I couldn't put it down after that initial slow start. I love the way Hamilton writes. I love the way she describes food and cooking. It makes me want to open a little restaurant.  I'm hoping to finish the book this week!


As sad as I am that summer is over, I absolutely love fall scented candles. I mean, really, is there anything better?


Saturday morning we headed to the garden to check out the carrots and see if some of them were ready for eating. They were!


All the credit goes to Garth. He nurtured those little guys by watering them frequently and checking on them daily before work. It all paid off. He rinsed and readied our first batch for stir fry! There is nothing cooler than eating something from your own land. Nothing.


I also trimmed a few rose bush branches that were eating our house. As much as I hate rose bushes. They require constant trimming. They have sharp thorns that HURT if you aren't careful. They attract bees. 


They do look pretty when they are in full bloom. I enjoy putting them around the house to cheer it up a bit.


I took off my pink nail polish and gave myself a fall pedicure on Sunday.


I had popcorn and a diet coke for lunch. A favorite meal that I haven't had in forever. It reminds me of my days in graduate school when this was my dinner every night I had class.


Dinner was a bit more satisfying and delicious. I highly recommend the Kashi Mediterranean Flax Seed Crusted pizza. Really amazing for frozen pizza! 

No comments: