Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Random Musings


Last week I found my favorite beer from our trip to Grand Rapids at the local liquor store and I was so excited. It was sweeter than I remember, but still delicious. It was a trip down memory lane remember our trip and sipping this brew on the deck.


***

My adoption loving heart almost burst reading this post from the sweet Naturally Caffeinated Family. I have been praying for them for awhile and reading their amazing news brought tears to my eyes. I'm so excited for them!


***



We went to my parents' house last Wednesday and had a great visit with everyone. My mom and dad had Olive Garden (my favorite) to celebrate my birthday. My parents got me gift cards, a pearl necklace (I had to actually retrieve the pearl from the clam!) and Young House Love. My brother and SIL got me this sweet table cloth and a margarita set. My aunt gave me these awesome animal print pens and a set of antibacterial soaps. I was spoiled rotten! I have the best family a girl could ask for and that is a fact.


***


This post really spoke to my heart. I love the line "'You really should be doing more...' That lie is a dangerous one because every time we tell ourselves we should be doing 'more,' it leads to less…Being less present where we are right now. Less peace. Less joy. Less love for those who are right in front of us." I really needed to hear this.

*** 


Garth and I went to coworker's house after work Friday night for dinner with him and his family. I live for those spontaneous kind of nights. We had so much fun hanging out with his family and chatting. Garth and this coworker have the exact same sense of humor and we all share a love for Golden Retrievers. The above picture is their newest addition, 9 month old Gus. How precious is he?


***

Duck Dynasty is back! I love this show so stinkin' much.


***



Did I mention I went to Kenny Chesney this past weekend? It was so good. In the spirit of the show, I wore my cowboy hat nonstop this weekend. I'm so cool sometimes. Yes, I even wore it on our walks and Garth was not a fan. But I didn't care. And yes, I'm reading a book by Chelsea Handler. It's the weirdest thing, I don't like her TV show but her books make me literally laugh out loud. 


***

I have a mosquito bite on my face. That WOULD happen to me.

***



My mom made this adorable cake last weekend and I love it. She is talented!


***

Give me your randoms!

1 comment:

Kenya said...

OMG, I can't imagine a mosquito bite on my the face!!!!