Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bookshelf Bar Ideas

Ever since I saw this house at the garage sales with a bookshelf turned bar I have been obsessed with that idea. And then Garth found an old bookshelf in the back of the furnace room in the basement and I was convinced it was time to make our own!

Here are a few I'm loving and plan to incorporate into our own project very soon:

(via)

(via)

(via)

(via)

(via)

I like something different from each of these ideas. The hanging wine glasses. The wine corks in a glass vase. The wine bottles all lined up in rows. A wine rack on the top shelf. Shot glasses with a decanter of booze. 

Now I have to decide what color to paint this bookshelf. But first we need to decide where to put it. I want to paint it a dark grey and put it in the living room. Garth wants to paint it black and red (Manchester University colors) and put it in the man cave. What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Jen Caputo said...

Cute idea! I vote grey, more sophisticated :)

The Edberg's said...

I love this! Thanks for the idea!