Friday, April 5, 2013

Fit Friday: Operation 40

I buckled down because I only have four months to accomplish my goal of being in the best shape of my life. There is no motivation like procrastination, right?! I know I can do it. It just requires a lot of planning. Watching portions. Counting calories. Exercising. Just plain hard work!


The main thing I’ve been working on this week is just realizing my worth is not determined by what I weigh. It is just a number and it does not define me. My value comes from Christ. He gives me worth. He thinks I’m worth dying for and loves unconditionally. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 says “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.”

I also find great comfort in Proverbs 31:30-31, “Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.”

I had a good conversation with a dear friend last weekend that encouraged me to put these verses on my bathroom mirror so I see them first thing in the morning and remember to pray and meditate over them. She reminded me that feeling insecure, inadequate and unworthy because of my weight was a way Satan was using to get his hold on me. Wow. I had never thought of it that way before. It made sense though. It had overtaken my thoughts. It made me less likely to try something new. It robbed me of self-confidence which overflowed into my marriage.

All that to say, as I embark on this weight loss journey I am also embarking on a journey of being comfortable in my own skin. Truly living with the knowledge that I am worthy of love and respect regardless of what I weigh. My value is in Christ and what He values is unseen. Eternal. He thinks I’m beautiful. I was made in His image. Genesis 1 27 states, “God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.”

The stats this week:

Pounds Lost: 1 lbs
Pounds to Go: 35 lbs

My work out schedule looked like this:

Sunday - The Shred Level 1
Monday - Walked 2 miles on lunch with co-workers and 2 miles after work with Garth
Tuesday - Elliptical for 15 minutes and walked 2 miles on lunch with co-workers
Wednesday - The Shred Level 3 and walked 2 miles on lunch with co-workers
Thursday - Elliptical for 15 minutes and walked 2 miles on lunch with co-workers
Friday - Walked 2 miles on lunch with co-workers 

The girls at my work and I have started a walking club of sorts. We walk 40 minutes on lunch and it has been a lot of fun. I have also been walking after work with Garth. As my dear friend, Amber, reminded me: it is important to mix up the workouts so walking briskly all week was a good way to switch things up so my body doesn't get bored.

My breakfasts this week have been oatmeal with one scoop protein powder or Broccoli Quiche. I made this quiche Monday night to eat all week long. 



Lunch has been a bagel thin with Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese, romaine lettuce and oven roasted turkey slices on a whole wheat Arnold Sandwich Thin with a side of sugar snap peas. I've been snacking on apples, clementines and low fat string cheese.



Garth made KILLER grilled steak the other night with brussel sprouts and a baked potato. So good. Being on a diet...er...lifestyle change has never tasted so good!

How are you guys doing?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the walking club idea!!!

The Pink Growl said...

Love that you and your work friends are helping each other - that definitely helps to have support! You are doing GREAT! I might steal your idea with putting those verses up on the bathroom mirror.

Anne said...

I wish my co-workers were more helpful in that area! I happened to walk in the same time as my co-worker this morning and I said 'stairs!' and she just said she'd meet me up there, wah-waaah! It's only 4 flights!