Friday, March 8, 2013

Fit Friday - Operation 40


This was a good week. I saw this quote on Pinterest and it really stuck with me:


(via)

It's hard to wake up at 5:30 a.m. and work out. It is hard for me to run. It is hard to not overeat. It's hard. But so is maintaining your weight. Staying overweight is hard too. That took me a while to realize. I constantly beat myself up and think negative thoughts. That is hard too and it's no way to live. I'm choosing losing weight. That is my hard.

The stats this week:
Pounds Lost: 2 lbs
Pounds to Go: 36 lbs

It's nice to see my hard work paying off. I checked in on Wednesday with an update. Here is how the rest of the week has gone:



Wednesday - Leftover Crockpot Balsamic and Onion Pot Roast. The picture is horrible, but the food was delicious. 




ThursdayPesto Ranch Crock Pot Chicken. I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out. I am always skeptical of new recipes with ingredients I don't usually use like pesto and ranch seasoning mix. To my surprise, it was tasty. Very tasty. Rich in flavor and Garth loved it too. I think next time I make it I will serve over whole grain pasta with sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. But it was a hit and it was easy so it will definitely be in the weekly rotations!

Friday - Tonight is our date night / cheat night. We are allowed one meal cheat a week so we enjoy one treat meal and it is the highlight. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Here is how the 30 Miles in 30 Days is going:

Wednesday - Interval 1.5 mile run. I did this on the treadmill and it was easy. Too easy. I should have run it outside and I plan to next Wednesday.

Thursday - Strength. I did Level 2 of Jillian's Ripped in 30. I forgot how much I love this video. I actually enjoyed doing the new moves today, but it was hard. I was literally dripping with sweat afterwards. I kinda love those kinds of workouts though.

Friday - Core. I did Jillian's 6 Weeks to a 6 Pack. Loved it. I am feeling great! Strong. And no, I'm not even sick of Jillian. I love that girl.

Saturday - Run 3 miles. The dreaded 3 miler again. I'm hoping. Praying! It's easier than last week.

Sunday - Rest. I will rest today. I'm going to need it! I'm already sore and I have a 3 miler to do still.

How are you guys doing? Any running tips or tricks to help me get through the next 23 days?

5 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

YAY you for losing 2 lbs and you are doing great on your miles! Just gotta keep up that motivation. Music is a HUGE key for me in getting through a 2-3 mile run. Maybe you need a little music update?

Lauren said...

yay for losing some poundage! and way to go on running so much...i HATE running so it's so hard to commit to runnin on a regular basis!

Anne said...

oh my gosh, that top picture looks like a witch's cauldron with fingers and snails! haha! but glad it was tasty :) and good job losing 2 lbs, that is great!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Yay for 2 more lbs girl!! I love Jillian. Everyone seems to complain about how annoying she is. Granted its only been 11 days, but I don't think she's so bad!

Renise said...

I Love Jillian! And I love it that you're running! I just can't get into it. I need to find a track near here - my knees don't like running on concrete. And YAY for those lbs going away! Not lost - just gone never to be found again! Have a great weekend!