Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Prep

I loved hosting Thanksgiving this year. It went off without a hitch. I didn't find myself stressed out at all. I just wanted to be in the moment and enjoying the day and serving those I love. And that is exactly what happened. The key was preparing everything in advance.

Two weeks before Thanksgiving - Garth and I all did all the outside landscaping. Raking, mowing, trimming rose bushes, and weeding.

One week before Thanksgiving - We took the turkey out of the freezer to begin it's five day defrost in the fridge. We grocery shopped, cleaned out and organized closets, and caulked.



Monday before Thanksgiving - Cleaned the upstairs and did laundry.

Tuesday before Thanksgiving - Cleaned the basement and set the table.

Wednesday before Thanksgiving - Prepped the appetizers, cleaned the main level and relaxed. Thank goodness for Garth, he did all of this while I sat in two hours of traffic and then a 20 minute line at Jet's Pizza.




Thanksgiving Day - Set up the drink station and appetizer table.



When that was all ready to go we got ready for the day and then my brother and SIL, Jess, came over to start with the turkey prep. Stay tuned! 


5 comments:

Kenya said...

So glad it went well for you!!!!

Shanny said...

Fantastic pre-planning, kudos to you and Garth ;)

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Brave you!! I've yet to host Thanksgiving. My family is just TOO BIG!!

LWLH said...

Wow girl, color me impressed!

Lauren said...

looks good to me! what a fun party!