Monday, November 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Centerpieces

Guess what? I’m hosting Thanksgiving this year!!! I’m so excited, can you tell? Another thing to cross off the old 30 Before 30list.

From the moment we purchased our home I wanted to host a holiday. I dreamed of having everyone around the ping pong table eating turkey Garth and I made all by ourselves. I should probably be planning the menu first, but I am obsessed with the perfect centerpiece right now. The menu plan ideas will come later this week followed by the drinks table. OH. My. Goodness. It is probably not this normal to be so excited about these things but the inner event planner in me loves it. LOVES IT!
I have been scouring Pinterest for THE centerpiece. I want something simple. Something easy to create. It should be cheap. It should not block the view of people across the table. I hate those.
Here are a few of my favorites that I've narrowed it down to:
 
 
Which one is your favorite? I'm leaning towards the last one, but I also really love candles on the table. They just make the room so much cozier, warmer and people always look good with the glow of a candle flickering nearby. Did I mention how excited I am to host this year?!

11 comments:

AfterGirl said...

What if you did a combination of 2 & 4? I love the idea of those little jars with floating candles nestled among some gourds, squash and pumpkins

Jen Caputo said...

I like the first two but am a huge sucker for mason jars so I'd pick that one :)

Aishlea said...

They are all super cute! You should do a combo of them. Best of all of it!

Café Moka said...

Great centerpieces! I love the 2nd one!

Shanny said...

I love the last one... but with some candles it would be perfect!

Lauren said...

I like the first one a lot. I think doing a set of three of them down the middle of a table would be very pretty.

Not sure how I ran across your blog, but glad I did. I really enjoy reading it.

Nicole said...

My favorite is the first one!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love them all! I think I like the first one best, but maybe in mason jars instead? I love mason jars.

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

This will be our first year hosting Thanksgiving too! I have to say I'm not as excited as you, mostly more scared! ha

TexanCouture said...

I love the one with the floating mason jar candles. So stealing this idea!

henning love said...

love the centerpieces, loving the first one the most