Friday, September 21, 2012

On My Mind

I'm on day 16 of P90X. It is still going well. I am still enjoying it and all of Tony's antics. I started listening to Pandora while working out and it makes the hour go a whole lot faster. I notice I focus on the music instead of the pain and I think I work harder.


I printed out a calendar and wrote down each workout I need to accomplish for the day. There is no greater satisfaction than crossing off the workout. This is on the fridge right below Garth's workout schedule. I like that we have been such an active couple.

I realize I haven't taken a picture of Garth and I in a really time. I used to be so good at taking pictures, but started slacking lately. This is us two weeks ago right before we left for church:


I just finished reading "Are you there Vodka, It's me Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler and read it in one day. It was pretty darn funny. I'm now reading "Bossy Pants" by Tina Fey and loving it. Highly recommend!

Garth and I have been going to bed at 9:30 every night this week. We are so cool, I know. I feel amazing though! I love my sleep.

We had Jets pizza with friends last week and they requested ham and bacon on it. Garth is now obsessed with this combination and made his own pizza the other night with ham and bacon.


Garth and I dog sit this sweet golden retriever often. We love him. He has always loved Garth though. I'm not sure if it's because he feeds him or throws the tennis ball in the back. But he always goes to Garth. Lately he has been clinging to me. It is actually adorable and annoying. He has to be right next to me. When I'm working out he sits right in my space. If I move to the other side of the room to do chair dips he moves to the other side of the room with me. If I'm in the kitchen cooking he is on the floor in the middle of the kitchen. I even went upstairs to shower and he came up and sat outside the door. It's so funny to see this change in him and I can't help but think it's adorable.

Garth and I went out to lunch a couple weeks ago at a local Mexican restaurant. They have the best margaritas. The restaurant is in a strip mall with a gym. We were leaving the restaurant and were driving past a guy without his shirt on. He was very muscular and had a six pack. As soon as I noticed him I quickly looked away and looked right at Garth and said "I'm not looking!" To which Garth replied, "You can look. You don't see guys like that every day." It was pretty funny.

I used to have this picture frame with out menu on it.

But when I saw this adorable page in my October Rachel Ray magazine I got the idea to frame it for the fall season and I kinda love it.


Closer look:



Is anyone else watching Married to Jonas? I stinkin' love that show. They are just the cutest couple but I think her sister Dina steals the show. She cracks me up.

I have had the worst allergies this year. Itchy eyes. Stuffy nose. Sneezing all the time. Zyrtec has become my friend. Well, Tuesday night it was really bad. So bad that my right eye swelled up. Awesome.

My DVR is full of so much good TV right now. Married to Jonas, RHONJ, The Voice, House Hunters, and the CMAs Night to Rock. Garth and I have also started watching Revenge and we love it. Such a good show. Anything else I should be watching?

7 comments:

Melissa {Persnickety Plates} said...

We watched all of season 1 of Revenge on Netflix last week. So good! I'm excited for it to come back next week.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I'm so proud of you and your dedication to P90X! I hope you're taking progression photos so we can all see the BIG changes!

Adorable print! I have a bunch of seasonal free printables pinned on pinterest, and that's as far as I've got. LOL

Have a great weekend!

Lauren said...

way to go on working out! I always LOVE checking things off a list, so this would be super motivating for me!

Rebecca Jo said...

You're ROCKING it with the P90X ... I just watch the commercials & get exhausted :)

Revenge is awesome! I am in love with the new show "GO ON" with matthew Perry - so cute!

I love when a funny lady comes through funny in their books too. I heard Tina Fey's book was awesome too.

Anne said...

I read BossyPants last month, it was funny. I am SO impressed by your faithfulness to P90x, great job!! I am really excited about the return of Modern Family and Dexter!!

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Ugh, I need to lose weight do bad! As soon as I recover from surgery, I'm getting back in the gym!

AfGolden said...

Ok, do you watch "Downton Abbey"? If not, you should totally watch it!! They have both seasons on netflix and hulu (not sure which you use). I LOVE the show! :)