Thursday, August 23, 2012

Awesome Breakfast Casserole

This is my go-to breakfast casserole. I love this recipe because it is so versatile. I usually swap the turkey sausage for spinach and the cheddar cheese for feta. On Christmas I made this and added potatoes. I have also used broccoli instead of the turkey sausage with cheddar cheese. All delicious. But this weekend I wanted to use up some turkey sausage I had in the freezer so I made the recipe the way it was intended and it was divine. It was the perfect meal for Garth after running 16 miles. And it makes so much we have been eating it for breakfast ever since. I love leftovers! It is such an easy recipe to throw together which may be my favorite part of all.

Ingredients

1 12 ounce package Morning Star Turkey Sausage
2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Heart Smart Bisquick Mix
2 cups Skim Milk
4 Eggs

Directions

1. Microwave turkey sausage for one minute and then cut into bite sizes pieces.
2. Arrange cheese and sausage in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.
3. In a separate bowl beat eggs, milk, and Bisquick until smooth.
4. Pour mixture over cheese and sausage.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.

Serves 12 / 178 calories / 9 g fat / 13.9 g protein

Recipe adapted by SparkRecipes.com

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am looking for good/semi healthy breakfasts to try that are easy to grab and go. Thanks for sharing this, will make it this weekend! :)

Kenya said...

This looks yummy.

LWLH said...

Mmmm....that sounds yummy!