Friday, June 15, 2012

On My Mind

I did not weigh in this week. There has been so much going on this week that Garth and I literally only ate two meals together this week. The rest were take-out and eating out. Life is busy, but fun! I cannot wait to tell you why it has been so busy next week!

The two meals we did eat together were delicious and nutritious. I made Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken and it is so good. Seriously, you guys need to try this. I can't believe I didn't cook for so long when there were recipes like this that consist of spending five minutes dumping everything in a crock pot and then cooking the rice after work. It does not look appetizing in the picture, but trust me. Amazingness!!!

I also made my veggie pizza again, this time with cheese! And separate mini crusts so Garth could have white and I could have whole wheat crust. It's all about compromise, people.

I got my first manicure in two years. Gosh, I needed it!!!! Now I'm hooked and want a pedicure! Love it!

Wow, after looking at my sentence above, I definitely overuse exclamation points. I need to scale back a bit, eek.

I celebrated two years at my job yesterday. That is just plain crazy. Time seriously flies.

I really want to get Garth this flannel, but he is not feeling it. Bummer drag.



He usually likes what I pick out for him, but lately I have been too trendy or too punk rock for his taste. He is too preppy!

I really love this quote as of late and am trying to live it.


The weather has been really gorgeous lately. Sunny, seventies, nice breeze, and chilly at night for good sleeping. I love this time of year!

My girlfriend organized my pantry for me on Tuesday night. It was seriously stressing me out and I had no idea how to get it organized. I am such a neat freak but when it comes to pantries and closets I have no idea how to organize. Why is that?! But she organized everything by category - baking, cooking, condiments, snacks, breakfast, and drinks. Genius!! What would I do without her? I was clueless. And, bless her heart, she has a label maker so that we keep the pantry this way!

Remember all those free magazines I signed up? Well, they are starting to come in and it is overwhelming. I don't know why I stress out when I will have time to read them all. That is the most ridiculous thing ever. Also, in one magazine it talked about symptoms that may be more serious than you realize. I should NOT have read that. Now I'm convinced I have diabetes because I always have to pee, I have been thirsty a lot this week, and extra hungry.


In the words of Zac Brown, I wish I was "knee deep in the water somewhere" because truly the "ocean is my only medication."


6 comments:

LWLH said...

I need a pedicure in the worst way, my tootsies are begging for it. :)

Café Moka said...

Your manicure looks great! Can you believe I have NEVER had a professional manicure done?!

Your friend is great! Havin an organized pantry is so much easier!

Kenya said...

I can NEVER EVER organize my pantry either.

Anne said...

I thought Garth was in to trendy now! How nice your friend came over to organize, that sounds like it really helped!

Lauren said...

i need someone to come organize my pantry! and my fridge! and my laundry room! ha! and I think I might overuse explanation points as well!!!!!!! have a great weekend girl...

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

I am the same way about magazines...just have a pile of them that I'm saving for a rainy day :) Love the manicure!
http://theaustinfamilydiary.blogspot.com/