Friday, May 18, 2012

Fit Friday: Running Update from Garth

Dear friends,

I just wanted to thank you guys for your support and encouragement, especially those of you who have donated to this cause. I can't tell you how amazing it is to see other people helping other people through me training for this marathon. It's totally worth it.

I began my training in January and started with two miles at a time. I would be lying if I told you I didn't struggle getting through just two miles. I am now up to eight miles now for my long runs on Saturdays and even though I still have a long way to go, I've come a long way since January. One thing I never thought I would say is that I miss the cold blizzard conditions because now it's starting to get hot and running in the heat just sucks!

I've made improvements with what I eat and drink over the weekends which help me stay hydrated and strong for my long runs. There is still room for improvement because sometimes I think that just because I ran eight miles that day I can eat and drink whatever I want. Overall, I'm happy with my progress and ready to start official marathon training in June.

Thanks and take care!
G

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!

LWLH said...

How exciting.
Good luck!