Thursday, April 5, 2012

On My Mind

So I was trying to avoid The Hunger Games at all costs because I thought there were some very disturbing scenes. Well, we watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and THAT was the movie I was trying to avoid. I love me a good murder mystery but it was so violent and disturbing I had to fast forward at least thirty minutes of the movie.

I watched the new Footloose last weekend and while I love the original so much better, I adored the end dancing scene. I made Garth watch the ending about ten times. No joke. I loved it and tried to learn the dance. Now I have the biggest itch to go country line dancing.

I am in a fitness rut. I walk and bike ride while Garth runs and do the Shred, but I need something different to motivate me. I bought Jillian Michaels' new DVD Ripped in 30 and I am so excited to try it out!


Instead of a new mattress, Garth found this therapeutic foam mattress pad on sale and it is working. He can sleep through the night without his back hurting. Woohoo!



This weekend we did fun things around our city. We checked out the local winery in our downtown with my parents. Wine tasting and a cheese plate. YES PLEASE.



We noticed a sign for homemade pasties next to the winery. We love pasties and our favorite place in over an hour away so we don't get them often. So after church Sunday we picked up a few pasties and had them for dinner. Delicious! I love supporting local businesses.



Speaking of Sunday, church was awesome and after church we had a BBQ with a couple friends. Good times.



My brother moves home from NYC this weekend. So excited to see him!!!! He got a job in Chicago so I'm so excited he will be closer to us.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Enjoy the Shred video- it is hard!! I'm not crazy about Jillian, but she does design good workouts. I agree - pasties are delicious :)- and if you ever do want to go line dancing you can come over my way and go with me, we have a super fun place!

Anne said...

and that's awesome the mattress pad works - saves you a ton of $!!

Crissy Rae said...

I love Jillian's dvds and have four of them. She does a great job of keeping things interesting and keeping the heart rate up. Enjoy!

The Pink Growl said...

Yeah I could have warned you about The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movie. I actually went to see it with my mom and I was mortified! I did read the book before, and even though it was graphic with details I just don't picture things like that in my head.
I've heard those Jillian videos are killer, but I've never tried. Good luck!

Katie said...

Ah, pasties...you are definitely a Michigan girl!

Jen Caputo said...

I'm so excited you brother is moving here. He's going to be working with some of my very good friends!

Lauren said...

i've decided to never see the girl with the dragon tattoo...a little too violent for me!

i'm sick & tired of the Shred, but my SIL loves that new video...hopefully you love it too!

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! New Follower :-)

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Tasha said...

I loved The Hunger Games and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (although that one scene was so horrific but it made revenge even more sweet!)