Friday, July 1, 2011

Fit Friday!

I'm down another pound. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed because I didn't weigh in last week so I was expecting a bigger drop. I kept my calories to 1300 each day, worked out for 20 minutes every morning, walked 30 min on lunch, and then walked with Garth after dinner for 30 minutes. I haven't had a sip of alcohol either. I was expecting a bigger loss.

In order to be bathing suit confident for Myrtle Beach I want to lose 10 pounds. I have lost 5 pounds so far. I need a new plan of action because a pound a week is just not going to cut it. I might have to revert back to my go-to diet. It always promises a loss of 4 to 5 pounds for me.

Garth and I were talking this morning and while he thinks I look great, he made a good point. Since I don't have as much to lose I need to step it up. I think he's right. I'm getting older, my motabolism is slowing down, and I'm eating processed food again. If I want to see results I need to step it up. Here is my new plan to lose 2 to 3 pounds a week and lose these last, stubborn 10 pounds:

1. Eat low-carb / high protein.
2. Run every morning.
3. Limit processed foods to once a week.
4. Drink more water and limit diet soda to twice a week.
5. No alcohol until Myrtle Beach.

I have done these five things before and that is how I got to my goal weight before. I know I can do it again. And if all else fails, I still have the 3 day diet to help me out. I will be my goal weight in Myrtle Beach!!!

How are you guys doing? Any tips or advice to lose the last, stubborn 10?

7 comments:

Jess said...

You may want to increase your calorie intake by a couple hundred. I was having the same problem with the 1300-1500 range. I increased it to 1500-1700 and boom, I lost.

An hour and 20 minutes of exercise a day is great, but it's also A LOT. Your body may be holding on to your 1300 calories for dear life, lol.

I know it sounds crazy, but it works for me every time I hit a plateau.

Good luck with your goal!!!

Lauren said...

I'm certainly not dieting with a babe on the way....but I'm wondering if the above commenter is right! My mom was keeping her calories way too low and exercising way too much...once she started eating a little more and excercising a little less, it helped to kickstart her weight loss!

Café Moka said...

I totally agree with Jess and Lauren!

I'm sure you will hit your goal!!!

www.ilovecafemoka.blogspot.com

Sabrina Pate said...

I think you focus way to much on the scale. Last week you said your clothes were barely fitting- that is what is going to look good in a bathing suit, not some number on the scale. You could lose ten lbs but not look slim in a bathing suit. I am just saying.

You are doing great- and slow weight loss is actually going to last, where as losing more than a lb a week will just come right back on.

Anonymous said...

definetly agree with Sabrina. Numbers don't really matter, what matters is that you look how you want, and that your husband thinks you look great :) have a great vacation :)

Megan said...

..I agree with ALL the above comments :) :)

LWLH said...

Good luck girl...I think all the other girls covered anything I could have said.