Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hamburga!

After our trip to the west side of Michigan, we went to my parents' house so my family could meet Michelle. My mom made an amazing meal and then we played this hilarious game we learned at a friend's dinner party a few weeks ago and I am obsessed.
Have you guys seen Pink Panther with Steve Martin? If not, you should. But anyways, in the movie Steve Martin comes to the U.S. from France and he cannot get enough of American hamburgers. Well, Michelle is experiencing this same situation. She cannot get enough hamburgers and she orders one everywhere we go. Garth took her to Five Guys Burger and Fries and it has become her favorite burger so it's no surprise we went again Saturday afternoon.
Afterwards we took Michelle back to Garth's mom's house. We hung out and played games and had dinner together. Garth's mom made this cottage pie (similar to shepard's pie) and it was amazing.
Sunday we went to church and then back to my brother and sister-in-law's apartment to see their honeymoon pictures and have lunch. My SIL made a delicious turkey chili and we played Wii Mariocart which was super fun.
It was a great weekend full of family, fun, and great food and it went way too fast per usual!

16 comments:

Shannon said...

What's the game called? I've yet to try Five Guys, but I've heard they're great!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad yall are having such a great time!!

Lauren said...

Mmm....five guys is so yummy! I just had it for the first time a few weeks ago!

Miss Chelsea said...

I wanna know what the game is!

Unknown said...

sounds like a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

We have a new Five Guys five minutes away. I've never been there before...hmmm...

Gwen said...

Now I'm starving. No better hamburger than 5 Guys!!! XOXO

LWLH said...

What's the game?!?

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

sounds like so much fun! cute pics :) and Five Guys! So yummy! and their fries are so hard to resist!

Jessica said...

So funny about the burgers! Five Guys is sooo good...they're almost my favorite, second only to the burgers at Hot Dog Shoppe (a little restaurant in my town).

AmyT said...

my hubby loves 5 guys! I haven't eaten there yet....we have one not too far away...MUST TRY!!

The Pink Chick said...

I just made my husband take me to 5 guys this weekend because I was craving a burger! They are so good! I am so glad y'all are getting to spend some fun quality time with Michelle!

Jen Caputo said...

Oh, I want to learn to play the game! That's so fun that Michelle is loving the burgers - doesn't get more American than that!

Unknown said...

New follower :)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love the blog1

Domestically Deficient said...

I've never eaten at Five Guys. Note to self: try it soon!

Newlywed Hostess said...

I am not a huge fan of Five Guys, but I do love me a good burger. (There's are too greasy for me)
I can imagine how shocking it can be how different burgers are here from the typical McDonalds.

PS I am back to blogging just at another address: Justanotherwife.blogspot.com