Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Operation Get Fit!

Welcome to week 3 of OGF! How is everyone doing? So I had planned to talk to you about continuing to lose weight while on vacation, but it was pretty much an epic FAIL.
I don't know what it is about vacations, but as soon as we leave home I instantly get lazy. I had the best of intentions -I packed enough work out clothes for everyday and planned on making healthy choices at restaurants. I lost all motivation when I saw the menus and chose fried, cheesy and greasy. Oops, I am just not a salad person. I didn't even work out once, ugh!
Maybe you guys can help me out this week! What do you do to keep healthy while on vacation? I am happy to report that I maintained despite poor food choices and the lack of exercise.

Here are the stats:
Current Weight loss: -18 lbs since March
Goal: 8 to 13 to go!

Are you wondering how I maintained even though I was so bad this weekend? Well, Garth and I did go walking around town and swam laps in the hotel pool each day. I also ate my favorite breakfast every morning - Quaker Instant Oatmeal High Fiber Cinnamon Swirl. So good and filling!
It was nice to take a break from counting calories and working out. Now I am refreshed and ready to dive back in! I have lots of yummy recipes I'm excited to make this week so I'll report about that next week!

26 comments:

LyndsAU said...

This happens to the best of us :)
I always try to work out at least 30 minutes a day while on vacay and eat good for b'fast and lunch and splurge on dinner! But it's sooooo hard! Vacation = LAZY fo rme :)

Kate said...

Yeah for your weight loss being jump started again. And I would not worry at all about your vacation. You needed to relax and recharge!

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful update! Keep up the hard work, when the weight is gone you will be thrilled!!!! :-) I am always LAZY on vacations...thats what they are for!

LWLH said...

Your doing great girl! Congrats!

AmyT said...

yeaaa you are doing sooo good!!!

Kate said...

I think it's totally okay to take a breather on vacation, especially when you were walking and swimming there! I'm sure this week you'll kick butt!

Tara Gibson said...

you are so good girl! Vacations are so needed to take a break! Cant wait for the recipes!

Annie said...

vacations are break time hun, you are still doing awesome!!
you have to share your new recipes you try with us! i love the stuff you've been making recelty, all so healthy.

p.s. just looked at your vacation pics! looks like it was a lot of fun! i think you deserved that fish n chips!

Shanny said...

I always, always, always fail to keep up my healthy eating habits and exercise routines while on vacation so I have no advice, I'm just glad you enjoyed yourself and mantained =)

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Vacations are hard! At least you maintained...that's HUGE! Usually I pack on a pound or two so I'm the last person to take advice from. :)

Alissa said...

Wow that's still very impressive. My trainer/ strength coach hubby would be proud.

Milltini said...

Vacations are the worst! I was on such a great running kick until I went home for 10 days over Christmas and now I haven't gotten back on track since. FAIL!

JennyLee said...

It happens to all of us! Everybody needs a good vacation!

katie + bret said...

The beauty in working out and eating healthy like you always do is that your body can handle splurges :) Good for you for taking a break and enjoying your time with Garth!

Lauren said...

Sometimes we need a break and now you're back and roaring to go!!!! :)

Proud of you!!!

LauraAnn said...

I love the Quaker Cinnamon Swirl Instant Oatmeal! Yum!

Good luck! I need to get my butt back on the fitness bandwagon!

Megan said...

Its perfectly fine that you took a little rest on vacation, now you are ready to get back on track! You are so disciplined!

Anonymous said...

I agree it is hard to work out on vacation! I try to walk as much as possible and take the stairs. But it is called vacation for a reason :) Congratulations on your current weight loss, I am sure you can lose those last few pounds!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Glad you still lost while on vacation. It always makes me feel better. But then again we can't loose every week.

meredith said...

way to go, girl!

CJ said...

Great way to go! vacays are for lazing!

Anonymous said...

I'm horrible on vacations, I wish I could give you some help! Although, I do find all of the walking we do while on vacay normally balances it all out.

~M~ said...

Not gaining weight on vacation = you rock!!

Tasha said...

It's definitely nice to just relax and enjoy your vacation! Good for you! If you guys walked and went swimming, you shouldn't feel guilty about enjoying some good food. You're doing great on the OGF mission! Way to go!

Lindsey said...

I am so right there with you. I always have the best intentions and then some where along the day it falls to the way side. Keep it going girl!

prashant said...

You needed to relax and recharge!

Work from home India