Thursday, October 4, 2018

Eats This Week

G and I have been doing a lot of cooking and good eating so I thought I'd share some of my tried and true recipes.


Okay, I didn't make this. But it's too pretty not to share. I went to lunch with some girls from work and had this yummy burrito bowl.


I threw frozen chicken in the crock pot, sprinkled taco seasoning on the chicken, added a jar of salsa and cooked for 9 hours on low. Easy and delicious! I added black beans, avocado and cauliflower rice for my own version of a burrito bowl. It's easy and so delicious.


One of our favorite crock pot recipes of all time is this one. I throw a frozen flank steak in the crock pot and sprinkle an onion soup mix packet over the meat. I throw in chopped potatoes, onions and carrots and pour enough low sodium beef broth to cover everything. I cook on low for 9 hours and it is perfection and made great leftovers.


When we aren't sure what to have for dinner this is an easy option. I'll take some chicken out of the freezer in the morning and G will grill it after work. We toss the grilled chicken into a Cesar Salad Mix and dinner is served!


Another favorite crock pot recipe is Italian Chicken. It literally could not be easier. I throw in frozen chicken, throw in a bottle of Italian dressing (I use Kraft) and cook on low for 9 hours. So good! I serve it with mashed potatoes or my new obsession, garlic mashed cauliflower.


For lunches I'm loving whole wheat wraps with prepackaged Asian Salad and deli turkey and an apple. Another favorite is cheese and crackers with a side of carrots. Easy and so filling!


I've been buying frozen fruit at Aldi lately because I've had to throw out some fruit lately. I love that I don't have to stress about it going bad and if I throw some in Tupperware it's ready to eat for my afternoon snack.


For breakfast I've been eating leftover egg bake I made over the weekend. It's so good and so easy. I mix ten eggs with 3 cups spinach and 2 cups cheddar cheese and pour it into a 9x13 pan and cook at 375 for 45 minutes.


I'm on a cereal kick right now so sometimes I have a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch with almond milk and a hard boiled egg.

Now it's your turn! Please share your favorite tried and true recipes!

No comments: