Thursday, August 23, 2018

Flashback: Weekend in Dearborn


The first weekend in June we had an anniversary party for my aunt and uncle and we decided to make a weekend getaway out of it. Our first stop was Ford's Garage. I loved the details of this restaurant like the gas pump door handles.


The atmosphere was fun and the beer was good.


It was such a cool restaurant!



After lunch we walked around Edison Street which had the most adorable houses.


We checked into our hotel. We stayed at The Dearborn Inn, which I have always wanted to stay. We went to a wedding here years ago and I've been smitten ever since. I mean, that lobby though. It makes me swoon. Those floors are my obsession.


And this chandelier. I die. Seriously, the entire hotel was stunning. The staff was incredible. The grounds were impeccable. We travel a lot and we were very impressed!


We grabbed coffee and headed to the pool for the afternoon.


That evening we got dressed up and headed out to celebrate my aunt and uncle's fiftieth (!!) anniversary.


It was nice to catch up with family and the food was really good.


After dinner my cousins, SIL and I danced the night away.


I'm pretty sure we danced for four hours straight and it was seriously the best thing ever. We did everything from the Cha-Cha Slide to the Hokey Pokey to the Cupid Shuffle.


We came back to the hotel and had a night cap before calling it a night.


Sunday morning we ate breakfast at the hotel and it was really yummy.



We got late check out and spent the remainder of our time at the pool. It was the perfect little weekend away!

No comments: