Thursday, January 16, 2020

House Tour

One advantage of putting our house on the market last year was the professional pictures. 

Even though the outcome wasn't what we expected I have found I'm more content than I ever have been in our home. I learned from the experience and I'm enjoying my home more than ever which is a blessing.

Since we have the professional photos I thought it would be fun to give you a little house tour today. 

Enjoy!


Welcome!


I'm obsessed with that mirror in the entry. 

Our sweet neighbors generously gave it to us when they moved away and it is such a statement piece and something everyone notices and comments on.


We hosted many gatherings here and will continue to host and have great conversations in this room.


We love spending cozy nights by the fire.


One of the main reasons we bought this house was because of how open the floor plan is.


And the large windows. 

I'm obsessed with all the windows and how light and bright it makes everything.


In the kitchen looking out.


Where G cooks us yummy meals.


I love entertaining in here since it's so open.


I'm kicking myself for not buying more of these stools and now they are out of stock.

This is the area where everyone congregates and I love it.


Two years later and I'm still obsessed with my dining room table.


This room is right off the kitchen and I have no idea what to do with it.

Please share your ideas!


The laundry/mud room off the garage.


The master bedroom.


The master in our last house was the most neglected room so it was the first room I decorated when we moved here.


Master bath/closet.



The jetted tub which I use at least three times a week.

LOVE. IT.



"Manny's room" as we affectionately call it.

I would like to put a desk in here and make a little office space.


The guest bedroom or "my parents' room" as we affectionately call it.



Jack and Jill bath.



The pinapples in here make me happy.


The basement aka "G's man cave."

It definitly still needs more artwork, a fridge and bar stools.


Walking into the basement area.


"The cloud" is G's couch and I think it is ugly, but so comfortable. 


This is where we watch movies together and where G watches all his football and soccer.


Many ping pong competitions have gone down here.

A benefit to having a ranch is how large the basement is and we love the extra space.


My workout room.


I come down here two to three times a week to do a workout video and listen to a podcast.


This is probably the most used space of our house between May and September. 

We are out here as much as Michigan weather will allow.


The back yard.


We are debating putting in a fence for Manny and possible a hot tub under the deck.

Decisions, decisions.

That wraps up the house tour. I hope you enjoyed it. 

I wish I could invite you all over for coffee or a glass of wine. I love entertaining and creating memories here and look forward to many more.

To see our first house go here.

No comments: